NMU- Be You
Marquette County Transit Authority - Road Tested and Passenger Approved
Premium Sheds at PremiumUpSheds.com
Shop & Donate to Goodwill NWUP
Press Releases

Moo-Lah for Gwinn Area Community Schools Food Service Nourishes Students January 28, 2021

Moo-Lah for Gwinn Area Community Schools Food Service Nourishes Students

Dairy farmers partner with local school to increase access to nutrient-rich foods. 

Gwinn, MI. [Jan 28, 2021] – Gwinn Area Community Schools Food Service Program was awarded the Moo-Lah for Schools Grant from the United Dairy Industry of Michigan (UDIM). Granted funds will allow the school to increase meal participation and dairy consumption, benefiting the health and wellness of students. Recipients selected equipment and resources to add smoothies, hot chocolate milk, lattes, breakfast and more to current meal offerings. Protective equipment is also available to schools shifting to a meals-to-go model.

Gwinn Schools chose to support breakfast outreach with their Moo-Lah funds.  “School meals are critical to student health and well-being,” says Melissa Gerharter, registered dietitian, UDIM. “Michigan’s dairy farmers are dedicated to supporting this National School Breakfast and Lunch Program and other nutrition initiatives. Providing resources and equipment to feed students a balanced meal is a priority and a privilege.”

To learn more about the program, visit https://www.milkmeansmore.org/moolah-for-schools/.

About the United Dairy Industry of Michigan

The United Dairy Industry of Michigan is the umbrella organization for the Dairy Council of Michigan and the American Dairy Association of Michigan. On behalf of Michigan’s dairy farm families, these non-profit organizations provide science-based nutrition information to, and in collaboration with, a variety of stakeholders committed to fostering a healthier society, including health professionals, educators, school nutrition directors, academia, industry, consumers and media. For more information, visit MilkMeansMore.org.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar