Full Time: Reception Person – Shopping Show Sales Director – Administrative Assistant
Great Lakes Radio, Inc., an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Starting as Reception – Shopping Show Director – Administrative Assistant – Sales Support Assistant
Typical Work Day:
Weekdays 8:30 am to 5pm with 30-60 minute lunch. No scheduled overtime. Other hours and duties assisting various departments may be required, especially during contest and giveaways.
Open Application Dates:
June 6, 2012 – July 31, 2012
Pay will start at $8.00 per hour, with successful candidate considered for monthly growth commission bonus after 93 days of full-time with bonus payment based on both bottom-line growth and task completion progress. For growth, this is a very generous bonus.
The bar is high and the expectation is that within 6 months, the successful candidate will advance income through performance-based up-selling, online marketing, and other commission-based opportunities. The position of highly competitive and demanding but can be highly rewarding for the right candidate.
Short Description of Position:
Seeking a highly organized multi-tasker to professionally answer phones, do typical administrative tasks, run a cash register for our Shopping Show, provide sales support, promotional support, maintain newsletter, write promotional messages & scripts, write and perhaps record on-air promotional scripts for Items-of-the-Day and specials, run fax machine, complete daily reconciliation report, do daily backups, run front desk & reception. Quick mastery of phone/fax/email and other office systems is a must. A variety of other tasks and duties may be required as directed by management.
Detailed Description of Position:
- Successful candidate will positively impress public as first person the public interacts with when contacting GLR studios by phone, email, other electronic means, or in person.
- The position available is for a full-time Shopping Show Coordinator, Reception Person, Administrative Assistant, and all around Promotional Assistant.
- Candidates must have excellent customer service skills to satisfy both shopping show customers and deliver highest quality results to our clients. Great Lakes Radio’s Shopping Show has both typical retail cash register duties as well as continually expanding online components.
- Candidate must be highly organized, work well under pressure, detail-oriented and extremely good at follow through and completion of projects.
- Candidate must learn quickly and meet new challenges frequently since tasks and challenges change frequently.
- Candidate must have great people skills including professional language skills, effective writing skills, and ability to transform an idea or directive into reality with minimal supervision.
- Self-starters are more successful than followers in this position.
- Must be able to multitask, learn new skills quickly and combine all skills & experience & training to solve problems.
- This position requires a strong sense of goals with a powerful desire to increase income through initiative, drive and personal effort.
- General office skills required include but are not limited to: reception and cash register usage, fax machine (incoming & outgoing), cash management from shopping show sales, sale support, completing reports, filing and organizational skills, excellent computer skills with experience using spreadsheets, Microsoft or Open Office productively programs, decent typing speed and accuracy, excellent writing and editing skills for online posts, email & newsletter, simple presentations skill, proposal editing, promotional script writing from time-to-time, e-mail, internet account management, detail-oriented policy adherence, and an communications and writing skills focused on promotional and marketing success.
- Excellent public relation skills are a must.
- In addition to usual in house cash register sales and upsells, candidate should be comfortable with online activities, including but not limited to online sales (eBay, Craig’s list, PayPal etc), and social networking (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) is a big plus.
- Be comfortable with public speaking and display meticulous care with business correspondence -displaying ability to effectively persuade.
- This position will require quickly learning a wide range of skills while applying training, experience and skills to monthly sales growth, improving sales support, and other administrative assistant tasks.
- Preferred experience would be working with a cash register and persuasive sales experience, but the ability to succeed — not education — is most desired for this position.
Typical Tasks (Note: task frequently change and vary often, and candidate’s skill set is expected to be continually improving )
- Reception & Phone
- Cash Register & Associated Reports
- Credit Card Processing,
- Shopping Show Item-of-Day Promotions
- Client Writen Description and Item Editing
- Contest Coordination & Support
- Administrative Assistant Duties
- Shopping Show Promotions (on-air, online, and directly with public)
- Assistant Promotions
- Sales Support
- Coordination of Shopping Show Items with On-air, Online, and other Distribution Channels
- Recording Some Promotional and Ads
- Writing Promotional Scripts for New and Updated Inventory Items
- Maintain, Edit, Update UpBargains.com and GreatLakesShopping.com newsletter
- Sell, Up-sell and Track Sales items
- eBay & Craig’s List & PayPal Posts and Maintenance
- Item Price Management Adhering to Policies of GLR and Management
- Complete Sales Reconciliation Worksheet Daily
- Followup with Prospects
- Follow Company policies
- Help with Office Supplies, Inventory, and other organizational Task
- Assist Traffic/Business Manager with Various Clerical Duties
- Help Sales Department with Various Contest and Promotional Duties.
- Assist with Company Events and Giveaways
- Maintain Agendas, Calendars, Message boards, Subscriptions Lists
- Various Posting Duties for Multiple Departments online and in memos
- Process email, mail, and forms, type memos and letters
- Manage incoming and outgoing package tracking and faxes as well as work with a variety of office and computer productivity tools
- Data Entry Duties
- Quality Control
- Various Communication Duties
- Various Editing Duties
- Various Blog Posting Duties
- Updating of Social Networking/Bookmarking Sites like Facebook, Twitter, and so on.
A flexible mind, honesty, attention to details, great attitude, positive interaction with customers and clients and salespeople are the most important qualities for the successful candidate. Willing and able to learn new skills, apply them successfully, and work in a highly challenging, multi-tasking environment are also extremely important qualities the successful candidate will possess.
How To Apply:
Great Lakes Radio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Employment, C/O Great Lakes Radio, Inc. 3060 U.S. 41 West, Marquette, MI 49855. All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at our company, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment. Great Lakes Radio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar