Employer: mediaBrew Communications Marquette Llc., an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Marquette, Michigan – Unless you are willing to move, please realize we are not looking for anyone who isn’t local. Because of the board-op section of this job, we absolutely need someone who can work IN Marquette IN our studios. This is not a job that can be done remotely. If you are applying from out of state please indicate that you are willing to move for this job in the space provided in the application form or somewhere in your resume.
Position Type: Part-time Producer and On-Air Talent with opportunity for full-time depending on skills and availability.
Start Date: FILLED
Open Application Dates: Both spots have been filled
Compensation: $9.45 per hour
What We Offer You:
- Exciting work in radio production and sports broadcasting
- An opportunity to build valuable skills sets in broadcast media
- A motivated team-oriented environment
- A flexible schedule based on remotes and sports schedules
- You must be over 18
- You must be currently living in the area or willing to relocate to the Marquette area.
- You must be an organized, responsible, hard-working person with a pleasant speaking voice.
- You are able to learn new skills quickly and keep calm under stress.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You must be confident enough to deal with problems that arise unexpectedly and smoothly work them out on the fly.
- Pleasant public presentation
- You must be willing to grow and develop your skills.
Specific On-Air Requirements:
Successful candidate should be able setup and conduct interviews (including recording and editing them), plus post summary of Interviews (usually with photos) and daily show activity on the Internet. Ability to do telephone Interviews, In-Studio Interviews, and Field Interviews will be required from time-to-time; the ability to learn quickly to do these radio-related skills can’t be understated.
Candidate Should be good at reading (ads/live reads/spots/promos/announcements) for sponsors, reading weather, reading local and state sports scores, and announcing local news items, birthdays, calendar items, and school closings. Unexpected things arise, so the successful candidate should be adaptable enough to smoothly work out problems on the fly.
The successful Candidate should be able to take incoming information, organize it, and followup to provide community with real sense of LOCAL flavor and LOCAL interests. Candidate should be able to make any event or news relevant to listeners and our web visitors.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
mediaBrew Communication Marquette Llc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does NOT discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Gift
Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar