Marquette Senior High School Eighth Grade Orientation February 12th

February 10, 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:05 p. m. at Marquette Senior High School.

Early dismissal at 10:45 a.m. for MSHS students in 9-12th grades on Tuesday, February 12, 2013.

Parents of 8th graders – Meeting date is on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the Little Theatre at MSHS. (Note: This meeting is for parents.)

Marquette Senior High School students will have an early dismissal on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 10:45 a.m. to allow the MSHS staff to host eighth grade orientation. Bussing will be provided for our 9-12th grade students immediately following our 10:45 a.m. dismissal. Lunch will not be served to high school students.

Marquette Senior High School is hosting an Eighth Grade Orientation to welcome students from Father Marquette, Bothwell Middle Schools and any other interested current 8th grade students from the area Tuesday, February 12, 2013 from 10:30 a.m. until 2:05 p.m. at MSHS. Bussing arrangements will be provided by Marquette Area Public Schools for 8th grade students currently attending Father Marquette and Bothwell Middle Schools.

The Orientation will include a MSHS campus tour, a full menu lunch in the cafeteria, an overview of freshmen classes, and an introduction to organizations, activities, and athletics. The MSHS faculty and administration will serve as tour guides and class presenters.

On Wednesday evening, February 13, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. all parents of eight grade students are invited to Marquette Senior High School’s Little Theatre for a parent Orientation. Topics of discussion at the parent orientation include an overview of the graduation requirements and the academic programs we provide, the Freshman Academy, an explanation of the Michigan Merit Curriculum and the Michigan Merit Exam and what that means to your incoming freshman. We will also present opportunities of support and advancement and we will provide information on the many organizations, activities, and athletic opportunities available at MSHS. There will also be an opportunity to address parent questions and concerns.

Please call Marquette Senior High School [225-5353 then press 4] if you have any questions or wish to register your home school or out of district 8th grader for this Orientation. Bothwell and Father Marquette 8th grade students do not need to register for this orientation.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Share

Comments

Got something to say?