Michigan Landscape Photography from Saddleback Photo
Press Releases

Vive Latino tangoes into the Rozsa with electrifying evening of Argentine music October 11th

HOUGHTON, Michigan (October 3, 2014) – Keweenaw Symphony Orchestra (KSO) Music Director Joel Neves will surrender his podium for one night only, as noted Argentine conductor Luis Gorelik steps in to lead KSO in an electrifying evening of Latin American masterworks. Vive Latino will take place on October 11 at 7:30pm at the Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $19 for adults, $6 for youth 17 and under, and free for Michigan Tech students through the Experience Tech program.

Vive Latino celebrates the exhilarating energy and danceable rhythms of the music of Argentina. The concert will feature works from Argentina’s leading composers, including Alberto Ginastera, widely regarded as one of the most important and original South American composers of the 20th century.

The KSO is a college-community orchestra comprised of Michigan Technological University students and faculty, and local community and professional musicians, who perform masterworks from classical and pops repertoires.

Neves, a professor of music at Michigan Tech and a member of the College Orchestra Directors Association (CODA), notes, “I’m very excited to bring in a professional guest conductor. It’s a wonderful opportunity for our orchestra to learn a different style, to help them ‘sharpen their saw’ and musicality.” Vive Latino is part of an international podium exchange program that allows conductors from North America to lead orchestras in South America and vice versa. In June 2015, Neves will visit Argentina to lead the orchestra there.

For tickets, go online, or call Ticketing Operations at Michigan Tech’s Student Development Complex (SDC), 906-487-2073, or visit in person at 600 MacInnes Drive, Houghton. SDC box office hours are 8am–9pm, Monday-Friday; 8am–7pm on Saturday; and noon–8pm on Sunday. Please note the Rozsa Box Office is only open two hours prior to show times.

For more information on this and other events, visit the Rozsa Center’s website and Facebook pages.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar