Shop & Donate to Goodwill NWUP
NMU- Be You
Premium Sheds at PremiumUpSheds.com
Marquette County Transit Authority - Road Tested and Passenger Approved
Press Releases

Celebration of Entrepreneurship and Business at NMU April 10th

MARQUETTE, Mich.–Northern Michigan University’s College of Business will host the inaugural Celebration of Entrepreneurship and Business at the University Center on Thursday, April 10. Business professionals, community members and high school/college students are invited to attend.

The celebration is composed of three events. A conference from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. will feature 21 presentations by college and community professionals covering such topics as risk management for the entrepreneur, Internet marketing, social entrepreneurship and protecting intellectual property and trade secrets. Scott Holman of Freeland will deliver the luncheon keynote. He is an NMU trustee, owner of King Lake Wilderness and the Granite Island Light Station, founding director of 1st State Bank and managing partner of PN Investments LLC. Holman chairs the Michigan Chamber and is a director of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The conference is $15 for students and $30 for the general public. Register at www.regonline.com/NMUBusinessCelebration2014.

NMU’s New Business Venture Competition, with trade fair displays and business plan presentations, begins at 1 p.m. and ends with a winners’ reception at 5:30. These events are free and open to the public.

The celebration will conclude with a dinner recognizing the achievements and contributions of NMU College of Business alumni, faculty and staff. Donald Hangen, first dean of the college, will be honored. Proceeds from the dinner and silent auction help fund scholarships and student groups. The social hour begins at 6 p.m. with the dinner and program following at 7. Cost is $75 per person or $400 for a table of six. Register online at the same address provided above.

For more information, call the College of Business at 227-2900.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar