Design Your Vision with Icon Sign Company
News Old Interviews Archive

Marquette Man Goes International To Create Cookbooks

MARQUETTE, MI – Great Lakes Radio News – Jason Harper, an international scholar from Marquette, MI, has been spending time in China working with students to create cookbooks that are much more than ingredient lists and cooking directions. The books are a collection of recipes and essays written by Chinese students in his English class in China. The essays outline stories and memories the students associate with the dishes.

Harper created his first cookbook, Chinese Cuisine 101, with students in the class he taught through an international academic partnership between Fort Hays State University and Sias International University in Xinzheng City, Henan Province, People’s Republic of China. He has been working on a second cook book, Sichuan Cuisine 101, And joined Mark and Walt in the Morning today to discuss the project.

The new cookbook is similar in concept to the first book, but Harper says he asked for the students to dig deeper when writing the essays and to bring more to the table (no pun intended) with their recollections. The recipes also are focusing on the spicier Sichuan Province-based cooking this time around. He says the book is about a year away, but it should be worth the weight.

To listen to the interview with Jason Harper please click below.

Click To Listen To Full Audio

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Gift
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Gift

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar