Book a Room at the Landmark Inn
Press Releases

Sounds of Summer Concert June 19th

Marquette, MI – For the past two years, the Marquette Rockestra and Marquette Area Public Schools have come together to perform an evening of unforgettable rock and popular music at Kaufman Auditorium. The tradition continues this June with an amazing concert celebrating the music from summer’s past.

“Sounds of Summer,” will feature over two dozen musicians from the Marquette area and students from the Marquette Area Public Schools, who are joining forces to perform classic songs to get you into that summer spirit. The concert is a fundraiser for the MAPS music programs and will be held at Kaufman Auditorium on Wednesday, June 19 at 7:30 pm.

Tickets are currently available from www.nmu.edu/tickets or can be purchased at the Berry Event Center, Forest Roberts Theatre and the NMU Bookstore. Tickets will also be available at the door. The prices are: Advance – Adults $15, Students $10; Door – Adults $17, Students $12.

The specific songs that are to be performed will be a secret until they are played at the show, but expect performances by artists such as The Beach Boys, Earth, Wind and Fire, Paul McCartney, Carole King and many others. Playing the songs will be musicians and singers from some of Marquette’s most popular rock bands and groups and singer-songwriters from the area.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar