Design Your Vision with Icon Sign Company
Press Releases

Westwood Shakespeare Company Presents Romeo and Juliet

Ishpeming, MINovember 26, 2018 – Shakespeare’s timeless and ever relevant Romeo and Juliet will be presented by the Westwood Shakespeare Company Dec. 6, 7, and 12 at the Patriot Performing Arts Theatre. Shakespeare’s tale of star crossed teenage lovers has a new voice with every new generation of performers, and this “no time” production by the WSC gives it a unique, romantic and swashbuckling spin.
Said Program Director Maria Hoffman, “It is my first year directing the WHS Shakespeare Company, and I am thrilled to be a part of such a well-established program. The students, especially our student directors, have done a phenomenal job with making the show come to life, and BG Bradley, our acting coach, has been a wonderful help in teaching these young actors and actresses how to develop both their characters and their skills. With everything put together, our performance of Romeo and Juliet is sure to tug at the heartstrings!”
Hoffman added, that Fight Choreographers, Patrick and Taggart Bradley, former members of the grades 9-12 high school company, together with the young actors, have done a great job creating the famous sword fighting scenes, that give this romantic play its infusion of action.
Artistic Director B.G. Bradley commented, “Maria Hoffman is bringing a ton of new energy to this program, and the kids are responding with some astonishingly great work on stage and in the technical booth. The “no time” setting of the play gives the work a contemporary feel, that still maintains its classical roots and timeless Elizabethan language.”
All shows are at 7:00 PM. Advance tickets are on sale for $5 in the Westwood High School office, and tickets will be sold at the door for $8/student and $10/adult. Groups of five or more can purchase tickets at the door for $5 per person. Season tickets are also available.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar