Design Your Vision with Icon Sign Company
Press Releases

NMU Cancels COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics April 13, 2021

Northern Michigan University has canceled vaccine clinics for students scheduled today and tomorrow in response to calls from two federal agencies, the FDA and CDC, for an immediate pause on the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. NMU’s Health Center was notified last week it would receive an allocation of J & J single-shot doses and scheduled clinics in the hope of fully vaccinating students before the end of the semester.

Students who had appointments for the clinics and still wish to begin the vaccination process with the Moderna (2-shot) vaccine can do so through the Marquette County Health Department on Wednesday by signing up here.

The MCHD clinic is being held on at the Northern Center on NMU’s campus. Students who register for the MCHD’s Wednesday clinic will be notified as quickly as possible, and no later than the end of the business day today for registrations made before 4 p.m., as to their Wednesday appointment time.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar