Marquette County Transit Authority - Road Tested and Passenger Approved
Press Releases

NMU Day of Giving Increases Aid, Opportunity December 10, 2020

Northern Michigan University held its fourth NMU Day of Giving on Dec. 1. Alumni and friends from across the globe, university employees, community members and students came together and responded with Wildcat pride to help increase opportunities and expand critical access and aid at NMU.

Overall participation to date is more than $750,000, as gifts continue to arrive through the mail. Half of the gifts will support scholarships, with more than $275,000 to departments and programs, and the remainder to areas of greatest need.

The NMU Food Pantry received more than $7,500, with students contributing an extra $5,400 through the university’s dining dollars program. The Behavioral Education, Assessment and Research (BEAR) Center received more than $8,500 in support, including lead gifts from partners Morgan Stanley-Jbara & Rogers Financial Management Group and Stephenson National Bank and Trust.

NMU leadership set in motion the giving spirit thanks to NMU board members and campus leaders contributing more than $250,000 of the overall dollars raised for NMU Day of Giving.

According to the NMU Foundation, the generosity of Northern’s family of supporters during this special fundraising event helped to ensure that student opportunities are always available and career-shaping and life-changing experiences don’t slip away.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar