The Ishpeming City Council Meeting on May 6th will be held at Ishpeming City Hall with Council members, City Manager, and the City Clerk/Assistant to the City Manager physically present; other staff members will be attending virtually through Zoom video conferencing; and public participation will be available virtually to adhere to Executive Order 2020-21.
The meeting will be available to view on Channel 189. Public participation will still be available via video/phone conferencing or written comments.
Comments will be limited to 5 minutes and speakers must state their name and address. Written comments will be limited to 500 words and must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 6th to 100 E. Division Street or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those wishing to connect and/or comment via video will need to visit:
Meeting ID: 960 5797 7574
Those wishing to dial in to join the meeting will need to call:
Phone Number: 1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 960 5797 7574
The video and phone conference lobby will open at 6:50 p.m. on Wednesday, May 6th. When participating by video or phone conferencing it is advisable, if possible, to also watch the meeting on Channel 189 to know when the public comment and agenda comment portions are occurring.
The meeting packet and agenda are available on the City of Ishpeming Website .
When the public comment section and agenda comment section begin, we will check with everyone in attendance and provide those who wish to comment and opportunity to do so.
ISHPEMING CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Ishpeming City Hall Conference Room, 100 E. Division Street, Ishpeming MI
City Hall Telephone Number: (906) 485-1091
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Public Comment (limit 5 minutes per person)
5. Approval of Agenda
6. Agenda Comment (limit 3 minutes per person)
7. Consent Agenda
a. Minutes of Previous Meeting (March 4th and March 14th)
b. Approval of Disbursements (March and April)
c. Special Event Application and Parade Permit: St. Rocco/St. Anthony Italian Fest: July 25, 2020
d. Special Event Application: Gus Macker Tournament: Cancel 2020 Reschedule 2021
e. Special Event for Historical Society – Main Street Tours Extend tours through September 2020
f. Reappoint David Morton, Edmund Holmgren, Claudia Demarest, and Angelo Bosio to three-year terms on the
Parks and Recreation Commission
g. Reappoint Darren Boldt to a five-year term on the Cemetery Board
h. Appoint Eric Laksonen to fill vacancy and to the four-year term on the DDA expiring 2024
i. Declare Library books and miscellaneous furnishings as surplus
8. Monthly Financial Statement Report (No Financials Due to BS&A Conversion)
a. Update on BS&A Conversion
9. Resolution #5-2020, Accept Application for NEZ Certificate: 1015 River Ridge Drive
10. Bid Award Recommendation for Rural Development Water Metering Equipment
11. GEI, Inc. Agreement for funding application package to the USDA for Sanitary Sewer System Improvements Project
12. Rural Development Water Improvement Project
a. Pay Application #22 – Contract II
b. Rural Development Draw #23
c. Change Order #17 – Contract II
13. Update on Small Park along Hematite Drive
14. Ishpeming Senior Center MEDC Funding Update
a. Re-authorize staff to attend meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 19th in Lansing
15. MERS Defined Contribution Plan Adoption Agreement
16. Resolution #6-2020, Resolution Adopting the MERS Defined Contribution Plan
17. Adopt City of Ishpeming Manager’s Coin of Excellence
18. Update on City Attorney Services
19. Citizen Planner Training for Planning Commission Members
20. Old Business
21. New Business
a. Reminder to Residents to participate in the 2020 Census
22. Mayor and Council Reports
23. Manager’s Report
24. Attorney’s Report (No Report)
25. Adjournment Craig H. Cugini, City Manager
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Sound
Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar