Seney, MI – The 8th Annual Youth in the Outdoors Event is on Saturday, October 12th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Seney National Wildlife Refuge.
Seney National Wildlife Refuge is hosting a fall event to inspire youth to enjoy the outdoors. If you have kids, grandkids, friends with kids, or are a kid, and you want to participate send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list and registration materials will be sent to you promptly. There will be several activities to choose from and scouts can earn badges or portions of badges. The activities include: archery, tracking and trapping, duck decoy painting, owl pellet dissection, wildlife CSI with a federal wildlife officer, a session on prescribed burns with a fire management specialist, and hands on lessons on birds, fish, insects, fungi, or frogs. Whatever your interests, there is something for everyone.
Things to consider if interested:
● This is a rain or shine event. Participants should wear clothing that is comfortable and appropriate for the weather and outdoor activities.
● All activities are geared towards kids in upper elementary school and older
(approximately 8 and up). Please help your children choose sessions appropriate to their abilities.
● Youth will need to bring a sack lunch the day of the event. Lunch is not provided.
● All youth must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
● Spots are limited, so make sure to register as soon as possible to ensure participants are included in the activities of their choice.
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and 106.1 The Gift
Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar