Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Privacy Notice
Updated as of June 4, 2014
This statement informs you of Great Lakes Radio, Inc.'s practices with respect to the online collection, use, and disclosure of personal information from this Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website. Personal information is information that allows us to contact you (such as email address, home address, or telephone number) or other information that, when linked to your name or contact information, allows us to personalize your visit to our site by providing you with information that suits your interests.
Great Lakes Radio, Inc. is the owner of this website and retains all ownership rights to the information collected at this site. Great Lakes Radio, Inc. reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove provisions of this Privacy Statement. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted here, and we encourage you to check back from time to time.
Although you may use many features of this site without completing a registration or sign-up form, visitors who do register and/or sign up for special services may have access to additional features of the site and are more likely to receive information suited to their interests. For example, a registered user is eligible for additional services provided by this website such as listener clubs and personalized content. Our registration and special services sign-up forms may ask you for contact information (like name or email address) and demographic information (like zip code or age). You must provide the information in order to receive the benefits of registration or of the special service.
We may use the contact information you give us to better tailor your website experience to your interests, to request your opinions with respect to media and entertainment, and to send you information about Great Lakes Radio, Inc. and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our partners. We may use information that you provide to us to inform you of content on the web, radio and other methods of content delivery, in which you may be interested and to provide or display the content according to your preferences. We will also share this information within the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. family in order to enhance your experiences with Great Lakes Radio, Inc.
In addition, we may share this information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose your identity or contact information.
- Non-Account Activity. You can watch videos on Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) without having a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Account or a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Account. You can also contact us about a particular video without having a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Account or a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s)like uploading videos, posting or viewing photos, entering a contest, posting audio, listening to audio, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching restricted videos require you to have a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Account or a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Account or a Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s), subscribe to or receive subscribed newsletters or promotional emailing, the channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch, the photos you view, the text you read, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) (including user-interface elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (and perhaps your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
* You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites, but Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) features may, for authentication purposes, require you to sign up for other Great Lakes Radio, Inc. services. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
This Great Lakes Radio, Inc. site provides you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email communications from us and our special relationship partners. To opt-out of receiving email communications, you may:
Modify your registered user information on our website; or
Send an email to Great Lakes Radio, Inc. email@example.com.
Please include the web address, call letters or station's name. (Please note that this email address should only be used for specific technical issues related to the website such as unsubscribing from a database. The recipients of these emails will not be able, in general, to answer concerns regarding on-air programming, promotions or other non-web related issues.)
>From time to time, we may conduct online surveys and contests. These ask you for contact information (like name or email address) and demographic information (like zip code or age). We may use this contact information from our surveys and contests to provide you with information about our company and promotional material on behalf of some of our partners, and to contact you when necessary.
To enhance Great Lakes Radio, Inc. 's ability to tailor this site to your preferences, we may combine information that you provide us on registration and other online sign-up forms with other information about you that we may obtain. We do not share that information with any other party.
This Great Lakes Radio, Inc. site may offer shopping services, which may be offered by us or by a firm that operates a store under contract with us. If our site offers shopping or other commercial services, you will use a customer order form to request information, products, and services. The order form will ask you to give us contact information (like name or email address), financial information (like account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like zip code or age).
We will use the financial information that you provide to bill you for products and services. By giving our site your credit card and related personal information, you are authorizing our store to give that information to the merchant and credit card company in order to confirm and fulfill your order.
We will use contact information from the order form to fulfill your orders. We may also use contact data to get in touch with you when necessary. We will not otherwise use or distribute your financial information without your prior approval.
This site may make available chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups. Please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Information Sharing With Third Parties
>From time to time we may enter into a special relationship with another company that is not owned by Great Lakes Radio, Inc. to provide additional features at this site. These special relationships may include support by partners, business partners, sponsors, and co-branded sites (referred to here as co-branded pages). These might include, for example, pages that share our name and that of another entity, such as TicketMaster. You should look for a specific privacy statement on any such co-branded page. Any personal information that you provide when signing up at one of those co-branded pages may be shared with our third party partner. You should also check our partnerÃ�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½?Ã�ï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â´s website for information regarding its privacy policies.
Also, the nature of some features of our site may require that we share personal information about you with persons or companies outside of the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. family. For example, this may occur at a feature that enables you, via our site, to ask questions of persons or entities that are not part of the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. family. By responding to those features of the site, whether by email or direct entry of information on our Website, you are consenting to our transferring that information to such persons or entities.
With respect to specific registration modules, like contests, we may disclose personal information collected, and we will post a conspicuous statement on the registration module to the effect that we will be disclosing the information collected with third parties
Finally, we may share any of the information collected from you with these other non-Great Lakes Radio, Inc. companies in an aggregate basis. The aggregated information is not linked to any information that can identify you.
IP Address and Log Files
We may use your IP address to administer our Website, to help diagnose problems with our server, to analyze trends, to track user's webpage movements, to help identify you and your shopping cart, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
In addition, on occasion our site may also set a session cookie which helps us administer the site. The session cookie expires when you close your browser and does not retain any information about you after it expires.
We license ad-server software from another company to place banner advertising on our sites. All of the data provided and generated by the ad-server software remains in our possession and no data is transferred to the licensor of the software. This feature of our site may, on occasion, set cookies on your computer. Any information collected or stored by the ad-service or the cookies is treated in the same manner as other information as described in this statement.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Sale or Merger
If this site is sold to, or merges with, another company not owned by Great Lakes Radio, Inc. , you should expect that some or all of the information collected from this website may be transferred to the buyer/surviving company. If so, Great Lakes Radio, Inc. will seek to obligate the acquiring company to use any personal information transferred by this site in a manner consistent with this statement, but cannot guarantee that it will be able to impose that requirement or that the acquiring company will comply.
You should be aware that Great Lakes Radio, Inc. may be required to disclose your personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, such as in court or regulatory proceedings.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact Great Lakes Radio, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the web address, call letters or station's name. Please note that this email address should only be used for specific technical issues related to the website such as unsubscribing from a database. The recipients of these emails will not be able, in general to answer concerns regarding on-air programming, promotions or other non-web related issues.
This Agreement and the Additional Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such state, without regard to conflict of law principles. You agree that any cause of action you or Great Lakes Radio, Inc. brings to enforce this Agreement and/or the Additional Terms, or in connection with any matters related to this Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website and/or the Privacy Statement, shall be brought only in either the state or Federal courts located in Marquette, Michigan. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Michigan for any cause of action arising out of this Agreement. You agree to file any cause of action with respect to this Agreement within one year after the cause of action arises. You agree that a cause of action filed after this date is barred.
If any provision of this Agreement, or the application thereof to any person or circumstances, is held invalid or for any reason, unenforceable including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations, then such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that matches, as closely as possible, the original provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of either party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Unless expressly provided otherwise, this Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Great Lakes Radio, Inc. with respect to the use of this Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by an authorized representative of Great Lakes Radio, Inc.
Great Lakes Radio, Inc. Website(s) Privacy
3060 U.S 41 West
Marquette, MI 49855