Scholarships. Mentors. Job skills. Michigan Tech’s New Million-Dollar Program Puts the T in STEM.

February 11, 2018

Houghton, Michigan – By 2020, one in five new jobs in the state of Michigan will be in STEM—science, technology, engineering and math. A National Science Foundation grant will expand the number and diversity of academically talented, financially disadvantaged students beginning and completing four-year engineering technology degrees at Michigan Technological University.

The five-year $999,483 Engineering Technology Scholars IMProving Retention and Student Success (ETS-IMPRESS) project will award 12 first-time undergraduate engineering technology students with four-year scholarships and 36 students transferring from community colleges in Michigan and neighboring states with two-year scholarships—$4,500 per student per funded year.

The first round of scholarship applications is open. The deadline is February 28. Apply at mtu.edu/ets-impress/

Michigan Tech’s School of Technology offers five undergraduate programs that create applied engineers who design, install, manage, operate and maintain complex technological systems in all kinds of industries, from construction to manufacturing and health care.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Share

Comments