Two Off Campus Internships for College Students

November 28, 2016

Location:
Great Lakes Radio, Inc.
3060 US 41 West
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone:
(906) 228-6800
Compensation:
Credit hours

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFF-CAMPUS INTERNSHIP TO LEARN ABOUT THE RADIO INDUSTRY AND BUILD VALUABLE NETWORKING SKILLS THAT WILL LAST YOU A LIFETIME

Open to currently enrolled students at Northern Michigan University. This internship is conducted off-campus at Great Lakes Radio studios in Marquette and around the community.
Great Lakes Radio, Inc. owns and operates 14 local radio stations and over 30 websites. We help businesses in the area create and deliver an effective marketing message to their customers.

This semester-long unpaid internship is for students of all majors who want to develops real world skills in the radio broadcast industry, including behind-the-scenes skills like board operation, audio and video editing, web development and editing, blogging, ad writing, event planning, and marketing. Some interns may gain additional skills in live broadcast and voice tracking their own radio show!

What are some of the benefits of being a Great Lakes Radio Intern?

• Gain real world experience
  • Attend station and network-wide events
  • Flexible hours around your class schedule
  • Work on 14 local stations and over 30 websites
  • You could learn skills in Audio Production/Radio Programming, Web Design, Graphic Design, Branding, Script Writing, Journalism, Photography, and Media Exposure

Typical Tasks:

• Writing scripts, sales proposal, promotional materials, documentation, and other business correspondence
  • Board operation, voice tracking, audio editing, photo editing, video editing, and other On-Air and media production tasks
  • Sports, news, and community reporting, photography, and social media management
  • Posting and editing articles and other writing projects
  • Sales support

Apply Now:

Email your resume to employment@broadcasteverywhere.com along with two of the following:

1. One writing sample of applicant’s best writing for a college class
  2. One sample (500 words) on any topic of applicant’s choice
  3. One sample of any of the following:
    1. A report from a recent City, Township, County or School Board meeting
    2. A scientific or technical report for consumption by the general public
    3. A movie review of a film released no more than 30 days from application
    4. Demonstrable proof applicant can write on a typically dull topic without repelling or boring the general public.

All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at Great Lakes Radio, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment.
Great Lakes Radio, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).

Great Lakes Radio does not award academic credit for internships, so applicant will need to work with their academic department in order to earn credit toward their degree. No credit, no internship. Letters of completion may be given to interns who SUCCESSFULLY complete all Great Lakes Radio intern training and demonstrate hands-on, appropriate level of professionalism and application of training.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Share

Comments