THREE Part-Time Board Op positions available!
Are you interested in a radio? Get your foot in the door at the most awarded network of stations.
Employer: Great Lakes Radio, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Type: Entry level, Part-Time Board Op position with opportunity to advance to Production Assistant, depending on ability and attendance.
Typical Work Day: Depends on Remotes and Sports Schedules
Open Application Dates: November 17, 2016 – February 17, 2016
Compensation: Pay will start at $8.50 per hour, or higher depending upon qualifications and experience.
What we offer you:
- Exciting work in radio production and sports broadcasting
- An opportunity to build valuable skill sets in broadcasting and media
- A motivated team with a relaxed working atmosphere
- A flexible schedule around remote broadcasts and sports schedules
- You are responsible for setting up and conducting interviews (including recording and editing them).
- You may be required to do interviews by telephone, in the studio, and in the field.
- You will post summaries of interviews (usually with photos that you will also take) and post show activity on the internet.
- You will assist with writing and production of commercial spots.
- You will be trained and must master industry-specific software and tools, including a live-read system and other web-related tools.
- You will read ads, live reads, spots, promos, and announcements for sponsors, and may also be reading weather, local and state sports scores, and announcing local news items, birthdays, calendar items, and school closings.
- You will also assist management with any other requested tasks from time-to-time.
- You must be comfortable using computers and learning new programs.
- Experience with writing short sports reports for online publication is preferred, but training will be provided.
- Experience editing graphics and audio is helpful, though training will be provided.
- Knowledge of studio equipment is desired. Training will be provided.
- Previous radio experience is not required.
- You need to be able to make any event or news relevant to listeners and our web visitors.
- You will be responsible for organizing incoming information and following up on it as needed.
- You will work reliably with little or no supervision once trained.
- You must be over 18
- You must be an organized, responsible, hard-working person with a pleasant speaking voice.
- You are able to learn new skills quickly and keep calm under stress.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You must be confident enough to deal with problems that arise unexpectedly and smoothly work them out on the fly.
- You must be willing to grow and develop your skills.
Email Resume, Cover Letter, References, and Writing Samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Lakes Radio, Inc.
3060 U.S. 41
Marquette, MI 49855
Fax: (906) 228-8128
Great Lakes Radio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ