2013 Pure Michigan Hunt Winners Named
January 30, 2013
The dreams of three more Michigan hunters to participate in “the hunt of a lifetime” have come true.
Jason Webb of Westland, Jim Bosscher of McBain, and Dave Gittins of Kawkawlin recently received phone calls from Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Division Chief Russ Mason, letting them know they had been chosen as the three lucky winners of the 2013 Pure Michigan Hunt package.
“I couldn’t believe it, I thought it was a joke,” said Missaukee County Sherriff Jim Bosscher of McBain.
Bosscher and the two other 2013 Pure Michigan Hunt winners will be officially awarded their hunting prize package at the Thursday, Feb. 7, Natural Resources Commission meeting in East Lansing.
“I am like a 5-year-old on Christmas Eve every moment of the day” since finding out, said Marine Corp veteran Jason Webb.
The three winners each purchased $4 Pure Michigan Hunt applications between March 1 and Dec. 31, 2012 and were randomly drawn in the January lottery. They will each receive all of the available limited hunting licenses for 2013: elk, bear, spring and fall turkey, antlerless deer, and first pick at a managed waterfowl hunt area opening morning.
In addition to the hunting licenses, each winner will receive the ultimate hunter’s prize package:
- 2012 Darton Crossbow package
- 30.06 Ruger Model 77 rifle from Michigan Gun Owners
- 12 GA shotgun from the Lake Effect Chapter of the Michigan Duck Hunters Association
- Camouflage ground blind from Ameristep
- Guided spring turkey hunt from East Lake Outfitters
- Custom rear-window graphic from Steel Skinz Graphics
- Gas cards and subscriptions from Michigan United Conservation Clubs
- Sitka camouflage clothing from Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Camouflage vest, custom box call, and patch from National Wild Turkey Federation
- Rapid River knife, duck decoy and membership from Ducks Unlimited
- Herd monitoring kit and membership from Quality Deer Management Association
- National and local memberships from Safari Club International
- Sweatshirt and hat from Southwestern Lake Erie Chapter of Waterfowl USA
The next Pure Michigan Hunt application period will start on March 1. Visit www.michigan.gov/puremichiganhunt for more information.
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ