NMU and MTU Host Bike Week

September 11, 2019

Marquette, MI – Northern Michigan University will be hosting the second Bike Week for the Marquette area community and NMU campus. During the week of September 9, there will be various events throughout the university’s campus for students, faculty and staff to participate. The event parallels with Michigan Technological University’s first-ever Bike Week. Bike Week is designed to promote health, safety and sustainability in a bike-friendly environment. Past co-coordinator, Ryan Watling states, “Bike Week’s goal is to promote biking as a mode of transportation
rather than recreation.”

University members, as well as, community members are invited to participate in all events free of charge. Bike to Campus Day will take place on Thursday, September 12th. For more information and total list of events visit, https://www.nmu.edu/recsports/bike-week.

About
Bike Week is designed to promote health, safety and sustainability in a bike-friendly environment. We
hope to increase ridership and improve bicycle commuting habits for students, faculty, sta, and community
members with unique programs and opportunities throughout the week.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and The Gift 106
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and The Gift 106

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Negaunee Calendar; Gwinn Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar

Comments

Got something to say?