Marquette Area Public Schools Education Foundation Announces Awards For MAPS Graduates

May 18, 2019

Marquette, MI – The Marquette Area Public Schools Education Foundation (MAPSEF) Board is pleased to announce 151 graduating seniors of Marquette Senior High School and Marquette Alternative High School will receive awards from the Foundation this year. A total of $166,093 will be presented to students at a May 21st, 2019 ceremony in the Barb Crill Memorial Gymnasium at Marquette Senior High School beginning at 6:30 pm.

Linda Winslow, MAPSEF Board President said of the announcement, “The Education Foundation Board has made it a priority to present qualifying seniors with an award to help them achieve their goals following graduation from our district. With the generous support of the Marquette community, sound investing, and hard work of our board, 151 students will receive a minimum award of $500 on Tuesday evening.” MAPSEF acquires and endows funds for distribution in grants to MAPS staff and student projects, and awards to graduating seniors.

In support of the award program, eight new funds have been established with the Education Foundation this year. “We would especially like to thank the businesses and community members who partnered with the Foundation in establishing funds this year that will be awarded for the first time on Tuesday,” said Winslow.

The eight new funds are: Barb Crill Memorial Fund, Mick and Judy Vonck Family Fund, Scott and Jill White Family Fund, TriMedia Environmental and Engineering Services Fund, UP Diabetes Outreach Network Fund, Class of 2018 Fund, Graveraet Class of 1964 and Phil Niemisto Fund.

For more information on starting a scholarship or donating to an existing one, please visit the MAPSEF website at http://mapseducationfoundation.weebly.com/contact.html, or contact Lori Frak at 906-225-5324 or lfrak@mapsnet.org.

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, GTO, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WRPP
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ

Marquette, Michigan Calendar; Ishpeming Calendar; Alger County Calendar; Munising Calendar; Negaunee Calendar and Events; Upper Peninsula Calendar of Events; Escanaba Events and Calendar

Comments

Got something to say?