Westwood Shakespeare Company 2018-2019 Season

October 13, 2018

Ishpeming, MIOctober 13, 2018 – An encore presentation of Leaf it to the Professionals with the Westwood Shakespeare Company (WSC) will take place Wednesday, October 17 at 7:00 PM at the Patriot Performing Arts Theatre (PPAT).

There were plenty of laughs and improvised comedy in store for audiences of all ages as the WSC kicked off its 2018-2019 season with Leaf it to the Professionsals, the first of two improv shows, on Oct. 11 at the PPAT.

“Program Director Maria Hoffman and I are really excited about the new season,” said Artistic Director B.G. Bradley. “This first show features our veterans and some talented newcomers in some truly goofy and inspired, completely improvised acting games.”

Bradley added that Hoffman and kids from Westwood have devised a playlist which is sure to delight audiences.

“When you watch these kids at work you have a hard time believing that they’re making it all up as they go along,” said Bradley. “They train hard at this, but they make it look easy.”

“Maria, as a first time director, is doing a wonderful job instilling both the creativity and the discipline that goes with improvisational acting! It’s so much fun to watch it all happen right on the spot.”

“Improv is a wonderful way for young actors to learn their craft,” said Bradley. “In combination with our Shakespeare shows, kids graduate from Westwood with training that is unique, advanced, and unlike that of any other students in the U.P. and perhaps the whole of the Midwest.”

The WSC will follow the improv shows with an all new swashbuckling and romance filled production of Romeo and Juliet December 6, 7 and 12 at 7 p.m.

Tickets are available at the door $10 for adults, $8 for students or $5 per seat for groups of five persons or more. Tickets are also available in advance for $5 from cast members. Season tickets for all shows including both improv and the Shakespeare offerings for all of the 2018-2019 season are also available: $100 for family season tickets and $60 for individual season tickets. Depending on the size of your family and/or the number of shows you attend that amounts to as little as $1 or $2 a show!!!

The second semester will feature more improv and a “scene show” featuring various scenes from numerous Shakespearean plays.

Come on out and enjoy the work of the only permanent high school Shakespeare and improv program in the Midwest at the PPAT!

Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to Great Lakes Radio Stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, WQXO, and WPIQ

Comments

Got something to say?